Challenge Refinement: Nomad/Ranger
We wanted to take the time to give a better picture of what we want to do with mVariants going forward.
You can discuss here!
- mDrake is our first base. That means we may add outfits and customization that generally follow his existing frame.
- We want to expand that with mVariants. The next of which could be another base body/face be that male or female and any shape or style we want to do.
- Eventually we’ll work on a way to easily transfer outfits customization between body types but initially they will be bespoke.
- We just completed a challenge to decide on the next outfit we do.
- Nomad was the winner with ranger and ninja closely behind.
- As we were iterating w really liked some of what was going on with nomad when we stretched him a bit so was thinking about possibly saving that for a full mVariant initial design. But we’d like to know what our potential users think before making that decision. We’re busy with other things at present and this has a little time to simmer before we commit.
Please share your thoughts, sketches or whatever you like on the forum.
After playing with nomad a bit we go some ideas we though were interesting to explore
This was playing with stretching him and playing with some other faces as well.
- Robot arms – possibly either side options
- Butt cape
- But cape – not done this yet with MRS and unity so it would be nice little imputus for resolving basic
- Mask – Figure out a good way to hide take that on and off in game
- Cloth – might play with corrective joints or others for the lower cloth stuff
This was the simplest refinement and works well enough on mDrake. It’s a starting point and would many more passes of iteration.
- Bow possibly
- Beard and another hair option
- The cape – Same as nomad
- Cloth – ditto